Friday 16 September 2011

Home!

The Senior Registrar was happy to sign me off & I'm sure the ward staff were pleased to see the back of me. Jen & Lu had been stars yet again and the fridge was stocked. Spike seemed to know who I was which was reassuring - I rescued him, had him for 3 weeks then had 10 days in hospital. Now that my tum's gone down a lot I'm surprisingly mobile; the gap where the stoma was has been drawn together with a single purse stitch and the internal wound where the colon was rejoined has been happily tented by my swollen belly which may have helped it heal! So we had a decent walk. Jules came round (I suspect there's a rota to check up on me), then early night. It's going to be fine.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're home! hopefully you'll be easily recovered well enough by the evening of 26 for your 6 pointer against sunderland. when will fizzy drinks be allowed, or is it all back to normal straight away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - don't think I remember purse stitch from my brief acquaintance with needlework at school but hey, who cares if it does the job. Looking forward to hearing your dulcet tones on the radio again x

    ReplyDelete