Wednesday 29 June 2011

Another Day Another Ansaphone

Think I've fallen between the two consultants so I'm hoping the stalwart Stoma Nurses can get in between - they're used to getting to difficult places.

Here's a draft entry to my 'bag on paragon' gallery - imagine it's Kylie not me (tough I know). I hope to get loads of photos of Stoma folk posing with their bags. There are an estimated 1.2 million people in the UK with a bag and another 13500 having the op every year and yet before I had the op I knew no one who had or had had a bag. Lots of new stoma patients are youngsters with Crones or Ulcerative Colitis and knowing about peers and or superstars who've done bags would surely help make the process easier to deal with?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for being brave and showing us the (now famous) bag. I have watched a video on you tube showing how a bag is replaced, quite a hoo ha really. There is often a chap at work, making funny rustling noises, spraying things etc. Now I know whars going on. ps I'm glad you got news at last from the scan, Kieran x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic Di and great news about the scan!
    Steph and John x

    ReplyDelete